Publicizing A Consumer Electronics Client Through Integrated Activities
FAME, LLC engaged BWF to spearhead the overall U.S.-based marketing and promotion for YoGen, and a major part of that campaign focused on the annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Situation: In 2009, an Israeli-based company called Easy Energy engaged FAME, LLC, a U.S.-based manufacturers’ representative to introduce and unveil a product known as YoGen, the world’s first truly green hand-held and hand-operated portable recharger for personal electronics. Powered by repeated pulls on a powerful nylon rip cord, the device would charge all typical hand-held devices within minutes. FAME, LLC engaged BWF to spearhead the overall U.S.-based marketing and promotion for YoGen, and a major part of that campaign focused on the annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Objective: Secure media coverage for YoGen and increase product sales and exposure.
Approach: The cornerstone of the initial campaign was a series of news releases distributed both internally and through PR Newswire. Those releases – which produced hundreds of media placements on its own – effectively laid the groundwork for the CES campaign.
At CES, BWF pulled out all the stops. In order to support secure media coverage for YoGen, BWF:
- Staged, hosted and orchestrated a product introduction news conference
- Arranged for a live stage demonstration on the show floor
- Purchased and manage an exhibitor table at a media showcase event called Showstoppers
- Worked the room to ensure full product coverage, dragging reporters to our booths
- Distributed YoGen product and information post cards.
- Conducted an extensive social media campaign using You Tube and Twitter to drive reporters, analysts and product distributors to the YoGen booth.
Results: Crowds mobbed the booth all week long, so much so that the booths surrounding YoGen wanted to know how we did it. YoGen also garnered a major in-show award. BWF publicized and promoted that element through all appropriate channels. The result was a highly successful event, which produced considerable results in terms of product sales and exposure.